A small sized mini refrigerator is a right-hand assistant for those who love to be always on the go. At home, it saves space and allows you to have fresh food without spending a fortune. The advancements in the field make this facility available even in one’s car or van. But, when it comes to energy consumption, compact refrigerators come at the lower end of the ladder. Certain models consume more energy than their full-sized variants. Still, doing the following will help you lower your energy expenditure in a mini refrigerator.
Tips to save energy for compact refrigerator freezers
Here are some suggestions which may help you lower your energy bill even with a small-sized refrigerator.
1. Protect it from excessive heat
If you want to place your small fridge in your kitchen, make sure that it is away from all sources of heat. When overly heated, the compressor of the unit works hard to freeze the items stored inside. This is sure to increase your utility bill. Negligence here may even shorten the life of your refrigerator.
2. Minimize the frequency of opening doors
This applies to all types and models of refrigeration units. When you open the door of the unit, cold air gushes out. The appliance has to work hard to reach its earlier temperature. The practical way is to decide beforehand what you want to have. This will reduce the time you are required to open the door of your fridge. Try this for a few days; you will notice the impact on your energy bill.
3. Keep the coils clean
The coils inside the condenser of your unit are the things which remove warmth from the inside. When dust and debris get into them, they are forced to work hard to complete the job. This will increase energy consumption. It may even damage the unit in the long run.
4. Do not leave it empty
When organizing your portable refrigerator, make sure that it is filled up to its full capacity all the time. By doing so, you help the unit recover quickly if you happen to open it. However, this does not mean that you have to overload it. If overloaded, the circulation of cold air gets affected.
When buying a refrigerator, look for the following features.
– Thermostat: As you know, thermostat allows you to regulate the temperature of an appliance. This in itself is a great energy-saver. Make sure that the model you choose has one installed in it.
– Energy-saver switch: Go for a model equipped with an energy-saver switch. Doing this will make sure that you are able to adjust the energy expenditure as per your requirements.
– Manual defrost: It is true that an automatic defrost feature saves much time. But, it is a real strain on your electricity bill. An auto-defrost unit consistently heats the unit to prevent ice from forming on the unit. This process consumes much power.
High-end compact refrigerator freezers will cost a lot. But, be willing to spend a bit; you will save huge in the long run. Visit Cooler Store
- About us
- Contact Us
- Order Now